Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent Online Games Studio, is looking for a Sound Designer to join us in house as part of our Audio team with a key focus on Jagex’s upcoming TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE game.
As part of the audio team you will be expected to contribute to all areas of the audio process with a fresh and imaginative approach to sound design. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to collaborate and contribute innovative solutions.
Core responsibilities include creative sound design with comprehensive technical ability including experience of a variety of middleware audio solutions.
- All aspects of game sound design including foley, transforms, ambience and weapons.
- Technical implementation of game audio with audio middleware
- Dynamic mixing solutions for in-game audio assets
- Managing the voice recording pipeline from working with script writers and the design team, organising recording sessions and scripts, to post processing and implementation
- Recording and production of marketing and community videos
- Creative and exciting sound design skills
- A showreel which demonstrates both imaginative and technical abilities.
- Pro-active and keen to show initiative and artistic vision.
- Experience of working on proven published AAA titles.
- An excellent understanding of technical implementation with experience and knowledge of middleware solutions such as Wwise and FMOD.
- Understanding of dynamic in game mixing techniques.
- Knowledge of a wide range of DAW’s and other sound tools e.g. ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Ableton, Audition, Soundforge.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills and ability to work in a team environment..
- Experience of dialogue recording, voice processing and implementation
- Excellent post production skills
- Experience of mixing marketing videos and trailers
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Design and Development