Jagex is a world-leading independent online games developer and publisher with big plans for the future. We’re looking for a highly talented and experienced Web Designer to join our fast-developing in-house creative services team. This is a close-knit, creative and hard-working group of digital and print designers.
The team creates marketing campaigns and continually expands the website to support our new Transformers Universe game, due for release later this year. The work will stretch your skills, challenge your thinking and inspire you to constantly improve your creative work. Part of the role will involve rapid prototyping to explore interactions and flow for your creative web work.
We don’t mind whether your background is in-house or agency, games industry or outside – but you must have a strong portfolio, be obsessive about producing outstanding work and have the ability to grasp quickly what works for our audiences.
- Designing campaigns and other assets for the Transformers Universe website, advertising, promotions and social media, across digital, video and print
- Working from a brief, from concept to final launch, taking ownership of the project right the way through
- Working closely with the lead creative designer, UX designers, CGI artists, product brand managers and with the web development team to build slick, great-looking websites and promotions that enhance the brand
- Ensure the smooth transition of your prototypes and design work into front-end development
- Following and developing product brand guidelines
- Proven track record of great creative thinking and execution
- Excellent communication skills to articulate concepts well
- Commercial understanding
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with teams from other disciplines
- A Photoshop master
- Works sympathetically with images
- Well-developed typographical skills
- Standards compliant, accessible website coding in HTML, CSS3 and JQuery by hand
- Able to demonstrate the ability to explore and develop ways to create and enhance user interfaces
- Mobile and tablet design experience
- An in-depth knowledge of latest web technologies and a strategy for keeping up-to-date
- Experience of designing for web
- Highly motivated and comfortable with taking the initiative
- Experience of working on multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Organised attitude to planning and executing work
- An interest in the online or console games industry
- Illustrator, InDesign and Flash
- Experience in the online games industry
- Print design experience
- UX design experience
- Experience of working within larger organisations
Please include a link to an online portfolio with your application.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Design and Development