Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a monetisation expert to coordinate and lead development of monetisation features on its world renowned MMO RuneScape.
Working closely with the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and output of a cross-discipline development team, facilitating interactions with their stakeholders and organising their efforts and resources for best contribution to commercial targets.
Key Duties Include:
- Lead and support a multi-function development team, often using matrix-management rather than direct reporting.
- Manage the tension between monetisation and player sentiment on a long-standing product, and steer the in-game monetisation strategy toward an ideal balance between short-term and long-term revenue.
- Own the product backlog/schedule for monetisation updates, liaising with diverse stakeholders and using the expertise of the development team to create plans that maximise commercial success while remaining appropriate to the creative, technical and practical constraints of RuneScape and its development.
- Ensure the quality of monetisation output, using personal experience and judgement as well as the expertise of stakeholders and team members.
- Manage the development strategy of the team, employing agile or other development methodologies as appropriate to the work required.
- Facilitate other communication into, out of and within the team. Set a high standard of communication with members of various disciplines at all levels.
- Maximise the effectiveness of the development team and the quality of their output, working with discipline leads, studio specialists and team members themselves.
- Where necessary, line manage group members who don't already belong to a discipline-specific team.
- Proven experience in one of these relevant fields:
- Game Production: An existing producer would have experience of development coordination and leadership as described above. Specific experience in monetisation development and as an agile product owner would be an advantage.
- Game Design/Development: An existing senior or lead developer (especially designer) would have valuable insight into development requirements and processes, as well as experience of reviewing and giving feedback to ensure the quality of output. Experience in monetisation and project management would be an advantage.
- Product Management: An existing product or brand manager would be able to apply their commercial insight and experience in monetisation strategy. Valuable additional experience could include working closely with creative and technical development personnel and catering to the needs of game features and updates.
- Experience in agile development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban. Specific experience as a product owner is especially valuable.
- Good understanding of game development, including scheduling, resource management and stakeholder/feedback management. The ability to appreciate the different requirements of different development disciplines is important.
- Experience leading staff on a direct reporting or matrix-management basis.
- Strong communication & people skills. Able to work effectively with a diverse range of colleagues, give insightful feedback and communicate requirements and other details clearly, in writing and verbally.
- A general knowledge of and passion for games.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more