Games Engine Developer (Infrastructure)
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for exceptional and passionate programmers who want to work with cutting edge technology to join our Technologies team.
Joining the Jagex Technologies team, you would be working with our code libraries, scripting language and game engine technologies. We are looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and also able to code in a succinct manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced, rapidly-expanding online games company based in Cambridge, and help us achieve our ambitious goals for 2012 and beyond. Key Duties Include:
- Programming using Java to service assigned and scheduled requests for new and enhanced technology in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Working with a large existing codebase of our running and under-development games
- Researching, innovating and developing new game engine technology
- Proficient Java or C# programmer
- Deep understanding of industry best practices for scalability and performance
- Passion for producing and maintaining elegant, efficient code
- Experience working on multiplayer networked games, such as MMOs, Facebook games or competitive multiplayer games
- Experience with highly scalable Java or C# back-end projects.
- Knowledge of other platforms, including (but not limited to) Mac OS, Linux, Wii, PS3 and Xbox
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more