Game Engine/Core Technologies Developer
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for exceptional and passionate programmers, who want to work with cutting edge technology, to join our Core Technologies team.
Joining the Jagex Core Technologies team, you would be working with our code libraries, scripting language and game engine technologies. We are looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and also able to code in a succinct manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced, rapidly expanding online games company based in Cambridge and help us achieve our ambitious goals for 2012 and beyond. Key Duties Include:
- Programming using Java, C++ or C# to service assigned and scheduled requests for new enhanced technology in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Researching, innovating and developing new game engine technology
- Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
- Working to keep our industry-leading technology ahead of the competition
- Being constantly proactive in finding ways to make our game technology faster, slimmer and more effective
- Extremely proficient at using Java, C++ or C#
- Game industry experience
- Experience with one or more key game development disciplines such as rendering, tools, gameplay, AI, networking, etc.
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Knowledge of other platforms including, but not limited to, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more