Senior UI Artist - Runescape
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for an exceptional individual to play a major role in shaping its world renowned, Guinness World Record holding MMO; RuneScape.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of a highly intuitive UI allowing players to access the systems and inventories of a huge MMORPG with ease. You will have proven experience from a number of game genres and use this to create the best UI possible.
This amazing opportunity to be a key contributor on a world class, iconic and record breaking MMO from a successful and stable developer/publisher demands the highest levels of expertise, experience, passion and commitment.
Key Duties Include:
- Design, creation and development of excellent and user-friendly interfaces for our products using Photoshop and in-house software
- Icon creation and manipulation at pixel level
- Following direction, briefs and concept design / development procedures
- Communicating with our dedicated development and graphics teams
- A strong portfolio of game specific UI work covering a range of style
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of UI development tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and in house development tools
- Experience within a senior UI position with mentoring responsibilities
- Effective technical competency with perforce solutions.
- Thorough understanding of UI/UX flow and function design.
- Excellent communication (verbal, email, critiquing, Show and tell, project progression)
- Ability to create 3d assets in Maya or 3DSMAX to help facilitate UI design
- Experience creating UI for RPG title
- Experience working on tablet or mobile devices
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more