Business Intelligence 12-Month Placement
Jagex Ltd, the UK's leading independent online games studio, is looking for outstanding university students for our Business Intelligence Placement scheme.
As an industrial placement available from summer 2014 to summer 2015, you will have the unique opportunity to gain practical experience with in-demand cutting edge Big Data technologies and make a real difference by providing new insights and capabilities.
All degree types with a technical or science bias are welcomed. Key Duties Include:
What Makes The Best Applicant?
- Working with terabyte-size SQL data warehouses to enhance the organisation’s structured Business Intelligence reporting
- Leveraging Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig) to data mine new insights and understanding from our huge data cluster
- Working alongside experienced Business Intelligence professionals to support current projects
- Creating new business value through self-driven projects giving the opportunity to develop your own skills
We are looking for placement students who demonstrate the following company values:
- Are willing to learn quick and become experts in their own field
- Are agile and embrace change, taking opportunities with speed and vigour
- Have a commercial focus and realise everything we do should help grow our studio
- Are accountable for the decisions they make and issues they find
- Have a good sense of camaraderie and are willing to help each other deliver on our common goals
- Have passion, love what they do and are willing to have fun on the way
- Display integrity, ensuring they do the right things for our colleagues, partners and players
- A passion for online games and online communities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A fast learner
- A creative problem solver
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in scripting or programming languages
Candidates must be able to work in Cambridge or relocate if offered the position. When do you hear back?
The application deadline is January 17th 2014.
Once you have submitted your application you will be contacted with further instructions which may also include an online test.
We will review applications and then invite those successful into assessment days in February.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more