Junior Artist (OldSchool RuneScape)
This role is ideal for anyone who’s fanatical about Old School Runescape and has an artistic side. We’re looking for someone that lives, breathes and loves the Old School iteration of your favourite game and is a dab hand with the pixels.
You’ll be key to the creation and maintenance of art assets for OSRS including 3d models, 2d art and animations and you’ll work with a fantastic team of dedicated and focussed J-Mods that love the game as much as you. You’ll also work very closely with the community helping to improve the game we all know and love by listening to their suggestions, implementing ideas and talking with them regularly.
If you’ve got artistic talent and an understanding of 3d modelling, 2d art and animation concepts and practices and you want to take OSRS from strength to the strength then we want to talk to you. This role would suit a fanatical OSRS-playing Graduate down to the ground.
You will be an integral part of the Old School team and we owe our community the best! That’s why we want YOU!
Key Duties Include:
- Working closely with the JMods to make and improve graphics content
- Being an active part of the OSRS direction
- Use your knowledge of OSRS and the community to suggest and develop exciting additions to the game
- Engage the community, taking on feedback for future improvements.
- Have a unquenchable passion for all things Old School
- Be able to demonstrate good digital art production skills across 3d modelling, animation and 2d art (including texturing).
- Bring your ideas alive using our in-house animation tools
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- You must prefer Old School to reality.
- Able to engage with the community through multiple media channels.
- Forward minded, forward thinking and relentless passion in bringing Old School forward.
- The ability to self-manage and work independently whilst supporting the wider team.
- A strong sense of nostalgia.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages/scripting.
- A passion for online gaming in general, especially MMOs.
- Understanding of formal QA/test procedures
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more