Games Designer (Publishing)
World leading independent Online Games Studio, Jagex Ltd, is looking for an experienced game designer to join their in-house Third party publishing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of key game features; guiding the production of their systems and content from original concept, to creation & prototyping, through final polish and community feedback.
This amazing opportunity to be a key contributor to a world class team from a successful and stable developer/publisher demands high levels of expertise, experience, passion and commitmentKey Duties Include:
- Work with development teams to concept, iterate and deliver feature design documents
- Reviewing design documents and providing feedback
- Liaise with production to agree goals and requirements for each feature
- Communicate progress and design pitches to development teams
- Ensure features you are responsible for are developed to scope and time requirements
- Consistently monitor the game during development and provide feedback
- Proven commercial experience designing game mechanics and user interfaces for apps or browser based games.
- Excellent communication skills allow you to work with a number of different specialists and acting as a bridge between production, design and development.
- Ability to use tools such as MS office, development and other tools
- Strong understanding of game design principles
- Experience in app or mobile games design, current trends and latest design principles
- Strong knowledge of classic games, popular games and current trends
- Good knowledge of game mechanics, control interfaces and business models for a broad range of games
- Prior experience with different toolsets such as Unity, Gamemaker, Flash, Blitz, Mediawiki, MS office
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Design and Development