Senior Technical QA Engineer
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent Online Games Studio, is looking for a passionate Senior Technical QA Engineer to join our quality assurance team.
You will be working within our Core Technologies QA department, testing and supervising the testing of major Engine features within the game, while providing on-going technical cover and support to the team.
As Senior Technical QA Engineer, you will ensure that both the QA and core technology teams have the information and support needed to have critical bugs fixed in a timely manner.
Key Duties Include:
- Supervising and organising the testing of each engine delivered for weekly game updates, ensuring that the new features and bug fixes are defect-free and efficient.
- Actively participating in making recommendations towards improving overall product quality, and performance for your team.
- Be fully accountable for the execution and quality of your work, self-managing your individual workload, ensuring that the quality and delivery timescales are met.
- Lead crash handling and backend systems investigations to provide core technologies with detailed reports in a timely manner.
- Possess the ability to mentor and supervise other members of the team to support, encourage and develop their own learning in order to maximise their potential.
- Proactively identify, chase and assist in the resolution of critical issues in the build at all times.
- Work collaboratively with your peers and lead in executing against the product development strategy and scope, ensuring strong communication at all times.
- Carrying out all assigned tasks within schedule, regularly reporting status of any impediments to the QA Manager/Lead Software Engineer.
- Profiling the game in order to identify performance bottlenecks, and reporting them to the development teams.
- Experience within a Technical QA role or similar technical discipline
- Good understanding of Java, C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Perforce and GIT
- Understanding of unit, functional, stress, performance, security and regression testing
- Superb defect investigation, analysis and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of software testing lifecycle and understanding of test strategies
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to self-manage
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, determination, autonomy and self-sufficiency
- Leadership experience and highly adaptable and capable of working in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of game software architectures and modern rendering pipelines
- Experience in running and analysing compatibility testing requirements
- Some experience in automation or the development of web based tools
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more