Head of Live Operations - TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an outstanding, passionate and determined Operations Manager to join our TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the TRANSFORMERS management team. As a very experienced operations manager, you will have strong knowledge of managing a large service. Reporting to the Vice President of TRANSFORMERS and working with the service teams, you will be responsible for running the TRANSFORMERS game service.
Key Duties Include:
- Optimising organisational effectiveness to ensure the successful running of TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE as a service
- Define service protocol and standards for running the game as a service. Ensure that all Publishing teams have the resources, systems, functionality and processes in place to offer successful services for TU
- Working with Game and Publishing teams to ensure synchronized schedule for all TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE updates to ensure minimal impact to the live service
- Managing all launch operations for game and website updates, infrastructure rollouts and service improvements.
- Communicating the update schedule with all teams in the TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE studio to ensure cross-studio visibility
- Creating and maintaining launch best practice and procedures for game, website, infrastructure and services.
- Planning for every update, including definition of the update contents and purpose, planning the work involved, ensuring coordination of all the TU teams activities during launch and for subsequent iterations.
- Maintain clear documentation of the status of logical and physical infrastructure and component makeup for game, website, IT operations and service teams
- Run review and post-mortems on all playtests, game updates and releases to ensure process improvement are lead through to completion and learnings are rolled out to the TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE studio
- Implement monitoring and SLAs for all game infrastructure and publishing services to ensure uptime of business critical systems
- Define, implement and rollout downtime procedure and escalation process
- Ensures operational objectives are communicated to cross-functional business partners and external partners
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- A proven ability to initiate, lead and deliver large scale projects across multiple development disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive with a desire to improve systems and processes
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Good understanding of our market and competitors
- Social, mobile or MMO gaming experience
- Project management experience on an online gaming platform
- A passion for the TRANSFORMERS brand
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Commercial and Executive