Junior/Graduate Java Developer
If you are an epic Java developer who wants to start a career in the games industry, to help us improve and create shiny new web based systems, then this is the job for you!
Jagex Ltd, is the UK’s leading independent online games studio, are looking for fully awesome Junior/Graduate Java Developers to join our Web Systems team and help us with the very backbone of our existing and future games.
You will be working on high profile, challenging projects with a team of people just like you. Using a mixture of Java related frameworks and technologies, both bespoke and open source, to develop highly scalable, modular, database backed, inter process communication web systems to ensure the games and supporting features are at the highest quality for our players.
Golden Key Quest Duties Include:
- Help to design and developing robust, high-traffic web systems to meet the needs of the business and most importantly, our players - often in challenging timescales and always as part of a super charged, skilled and motivated team.
- Maintaining and improving existing Java platforms for our web systems and databases as the business games evolve.
- Help us with the discovery and introduction of beneficial new technologies.
- Work with other developers in order to expand and enhance your and their skills and capabilities.
Essential Skills Tree Contains:
- Good communication skills – everyone’s opinion is valid, challenge the norm!
- Proven experience and passion for using core Java and related frameworks (e.g. Java EE)
- Understanding of unit testing concepts; how, when and why e.g. JUnit
- Ability to learn and take responsibility for all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), covering investigation, requirements capture, analysis and design, construction, implementation, testing, maintenance and documentation (gotta catch ‘em all)
- Ability to work on your own initiative, designing and programming complete web or application-based solutions that benefit the games users and the business.
- Skills using databases e.g. PostgresSQL, MySQL N.B: SQL does not mean Sword Quest Log.
- Awesome attitude towards your work, the team and the company. To win and level up.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with high-traffic systems where efficiency and scalability is important.
- Good understanding of web security, identifying and eliminating the potential of exploits.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more