Brazilian Translation Team Leader
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an exceptional, passionate and creative Brazlian Translation Team Leader to join their Localisation Team.
Joining the Jagex Localisation team, you would be working to oversee the quality of our Brazilian translations, manage projects and maintain strict schedules as well as working closely with the Localisation Manager to help improving the current processes, recommend new tools, plan the localization of our new games and liaise with the development teams to make sure the localization runs smoothly.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast paced, rapidly expanding online games company based in Cambridge and help us achieve our ambitious goals for 2014 and beyond.
Key Duties Include:
- Managing the Brazilian translation team, monitoring team’s productivity and translation quality
- Providing strong leadership, managing team members’ motivation and tracking professional development progress
- Assigning tasks, maintaining schedules and managing allocated projects
- Responding quickly to changes in priorities and respecting deadlines
- Reporting to Localisation Manager in clear manner
- Providing linguistic guidance and support to team members and the company
- Communicating clearly and concisely in both English and a native language
- Outstanding Brazilian Portuguese and English written/spoken skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent knowledge of the games industry
- Previous Translation experience
- Experience in or good understanding of Localisation QA
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities
- Previous Management Experience
- Degree or relevant qualification in translation and/or project management
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more