Senior Front-end Web Developer
Jagex is a world-leading independent online games developer and publisher with big plans for 2014. We’re looking for a superstar Lead or Senior Front-end Web Developer to join our fast-growing in-house Creative Services team.
The Creative Services team creates marketing websites to support our online games, including Transformers Universe and RuneScape 3. It’s a close-knit, talented group of creative designers, working closely with our Development teams.
You will be working on high profile, challenging web projects for Transformers Universe, using a mixture of frameworks and technologies to produce rapid prototyping and highly scalable responsive websites for both desktop and mobile – bringing our creative work to life.
The work will stretch your skills, challenge your thinking and inspire you to extend the boundaries of your technical knowledge.
We don’t mind whether your background is in-house or agency, games industry or outside – but you must have a strong portfolio of live sites, be obsessive about producing outstanding work and have the ability to grasp quickly what works for our audiences.
Key Duties Include:
- Working closely with the creative designers to build slick, great-looking websites that enhance the brand, utilising modern methods such as HTML5 & CSS3
- Rapid prototyping
- Working closely with our Technologies department to ensure smooth transition of front-end development into the staging environment
- Maintaining and supporting current websites, products and applications
- Standards compliant, accessible website coding in HTML/CSS by hand
- Able to demonstrate good functionality and usability through a current online portfolio of well-crafted commercial websites
- Experience of working collaboratively with creative designers
- Able to demonstrate the ability to explore and develop ways to create and enhance user interfaces
- The skills, experience and expertise to take ownership of the entire front-end development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mobile and tablet development experience
- An in-depth knowledge of latest web technologies and a strategy for keeping up-to-date
- Experience in managing workflows from design to build and server-side integration
- Emphasis on user friendly and accessible sites that work in all modern browsers
- An interest in the online or console games industry
- Previous experience as a web developer
- A good working knowledge of Photoshop CS
- Experience of mentoring of more junior team members
- Experience with very high-traffic, bandwidth optimised sites
- Experience with Firebug, server side scripting (eg, PHP, ASP), CSS frameworks all beneficial
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or commercial experience in the web dev sector
- Experience of working in an Agile environment inc sprint planning
- Experience in the online games industry
- Experience of working within larger organisations
- Editorial or writing experience
Please include a link to an online portfolio with your application.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more