Web Systems Lead Developer
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an outstanding Web Systems Team Leader to join our RuneScape technologies department.
As a key member within web development team, you will be responsible for the ownership of developing your team and assisting in the technical direction of future Web System developments.
Key Duties Include:
- Leading by example through commitment, passion and professionalism towards Jagex and the gaming industry as a whole.
- Responsible for the application and continuous improvement of best practice in development techniques, methodologies and technologies.
- Ensure Web Systems software is of a high standard and of excellent quality.
- Ensure that the team’s development is performed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the RS Web Management team to keep informed of upcoming projects
- Review and contribute to the designs of your team.
- Mentor and support junior team members.
- Inspire your team members to improve.
- Undertake additional launch and support responsibilities.
- Build excellent working relationships with the leads of various technical departments
- Develop a clear career development path with well understood responsabilities
- Review and recommend changes to web infrastructure / architecture with the assistance of the Technology Director
- Previous experience leading and supporting a team
- Advanced Code experience
- Knowledge of supporting high volume 24 hour live systems
- Enthusiastic about supporting and mentoring developers
- Java experience
- High traffic and uptime systems
- Worked in an agile department
- Previous experience managing a team of developers
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more