Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent Online Games Studio, is looking for a passionate Test Automation Engineer to join our Web Development team and assure the quality of company websites.
Using your previous experience you will create automated tests that ensure new features are ready for our players as quickly as possible without compromising on quality. As someone who is passionate about finding software issues, we will give you an opportunity to do this against a site visited by over 4.3 million people each week.
You will be an example for the rest of the team to follow; with the drive continuously build on our suite of tests, and shape how our automation framework develops. You also have great communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving ability – and can leverage your technical expertise and knowledge to help provide guidance to your colleagues.
Key Duties Include:
- Testing software tools and system applications
- Providing constructive and qualitative feedback to developers
- Analysing systems and developing the required tests
- Providing design input to facilitate module testability
- Developing the automation framework and creating automated test scripts using Selenium web driver
- Providing leadership and technical guidance to more junior members of the team
- Contributing on a regular basis to improving processes and procedures
- Reviewing non-game website content
- Proven commercial experience of software testing
- Experience testing web/internet applications, including browser compatibility and security testing
- Experience of creating automated tests using Selenium with Java
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Experience working in test driven agile development
- A high level of attention to detail, strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Advanced knowledge of bug tracking tool Jira and/or bug databases
- Previous experience within Games testing/automation
- Experience with automated test tools such as Watir, Cucumber and JMeter
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more