Senior PR Manager
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an exceptional and experienced Senior PR Manager.
Reporting to the Director of PR, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day effective planning, coordination and timely delivery of key PR activities globally via the management of a UK PR Manager, UK PR Executive and Jagex’s worldwide PR agency network.
This exciting role requires the highest levels of passion, charisma, and self-motivation as we look to push forward our ambitious growth plans and shape an exciting future filled with yet more success.
The successful candidate will be fully responsible for delivering on challenging targets that will help in defining the global marketing strategy of this world-leading games studio, and further developing global recognition for our numerous products and brands.
Key Duties Include:
- Alongside the Director of PR and the individual product Brand Directors, devise and execute the global PR strategy for Jagex’s diverse portfolio of products
- To ensure that all assets, press releases and other PR opportunities are fully maximised globally via Jagex’s network of PR agencies in France, Germany, North America, Australia, Nordics and Benelux
- Monitoring the performance of the local PR agencies through the setting of targets and measuring against them
- Day to day management and development of the UK PR Manager and UK PR Executive
- Where required, provide support at local level via press tours/product demos to local media outlets
- Ultimately responsible for any overseas media visiting the UK to visit the Jagex studio or attend press events
- To provide the Director of PR and Executive team regular updates on coverage secured and media sentiment
- To drive a culture of proactive thinking amongst the appointed PR agencies whilst ensuring that all creative ideas are shared across the global PR network
- Proven PR experience gained in the video-games or entertainment sector is fundamental
- Experience in planning and executing PR campaigns at a global level
- Experience managing third party PR agencies as well as direct line management of in house staff
- Strong writing and creative skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- The ability and confidence to demonstrate products both internally and externally is essential to the role
- Proven ability to develop and manage strong international relationships and collaborative skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing deadlines without compromising quality
- This individual must be a team player, resilient, resourceful and have a positive outlook. The ability to be diplomatic and rational at all times is essential
- Degree or diploma in PR, marketing or a related field
- Additional European languages
- Experience providing PR for digital game services
- A proven passion for digital gaming
- Experience of working in a PR agency either in the UK or overseas
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more