Game Engine Developer (Transformers Universe)
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for exceptional and passionate programmers, who want to work with cutting edge technology, to join our Core Technologies team.
Joining the Jagex Core Technologies team, you would be working with our code libraries, scripting language and game engine technologies. We are looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and also able to code in a succinct manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced, rapidly expanding online games company based in Cambridge and help us achieve our ambitious goals for 2012 and beyond. Key Duties Include:
- Programming using Java, C++, and/or LUA to service assigned and schedule requests for gameplay areas in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Owning or assisting in architecting various gameplay systems
- Researching, innovating and developing gameplay systems utilizing cutting edge technology and gaming passion
- Working independently and with other teams to help meet requirements for functionality, scope control, fun factor, and performance
- Proficient at using Java, C++ and/or LUA, utilizing object orient design and programming
- Passion for building cutting edge video game experiences
- Game industry experience
- Good communication skills
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience working on networked and MMO games
- Experience working on Triple A titles
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more