Jagex is a world-leading independent online games developer and publisher with big plans for 2013. Now there’s a brilliant opportunity to play a part in those plans - we’re looking for a highly talented UX Designer to join our fast-growing in-house creative services team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all dimensions of user experience, with an emphasis on designing simple, intuitive and engaging interfaces, across a variety of products, platforms and devices.
They will utilise communication, collaboration and facilitation skills to identify user goals, explore product requirements and move towards a shared understanding of the desired user experience.
Pairing excellent UX skills with a fundamental understanding of user behavior, you will use various tools, techniques and design deliverables to test an array of concepts and arrive at a best fit solution.Key Duties Include:
- Use a variety of research techniques (e.g. surveys, observational studies) to better understand the needs, requirements and expectations of the target audience and the relative influence of industry trends/best practice
- Keen use of facilitations and communications skills to explore business requirements with key stakeholders and collaborate with other departments throughout all phases of design and development
- Follow an iterative approach to UX design that seeks to explore and review a number of possible concepts (as derived from the identified goals) before arriving at a final solution
- Support the creative process by producing UX design deliverables (wireframes, mockups, prototypes) of varying fidelity, used to communicate the desired user experience
- Regularly present ideas/deliverables to key stakeholders, along with the rationale that supports specific recommendations
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues on all aspects of UX including: interaction design, visual design, content strategy, information architecture, usability and accessibility
- Use of industry best practice, heuristics and user testing to evaluate to relative usability of products, identify and prioritise potential usability issues.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Able to confidently articulate, present and discuss ideas
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary project teams alongside Marketing, Design and Development
- Experience in using Axure (other wireframe/prototyping tools)
- Ability work to tight deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to analyse problems and identify multiple design solutions
- Able to demonstrate exemplary interface design skills (as evidenced by an up to date portfolio)
- Knowledge of modern gaming trends (both gameplay and UI)
- Prior experience of working in the games industry
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or equivalent
- Some understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Design and Development