Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for an experienced User Interface Designer to play a major role in shaping its world renowned RuneScape.
Reporting to the Lead Designer & Design Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Interface design of key game features; guiding the production of their systems and content from original concept, to release.Key Duties Include:
- Work closely with design and programming teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look, and feel.
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and high-fidelity prototypes to solidify design direction and plans, which would centre on UI, HUDs, and GUIs.
- Communicate designs in a technical manner for programmer implementation.
- Work with programming team to ensure the implementation matches the intention.
- Design experiences, structural features and creative processes. Create and maintain high quality documentation.
- Be an expert on design practice and maintain awareness of the games industry and the games market.
- Be a mentor by giving support and guidance to the wider team.
- Champion good user experience principles within the development team and beyond
- Proven and demonstrable expertise in game interface design, including creativity, technical aptitude, commercial awareness and general games knowledge.
- Strong skills in graphic design.
- Ability to design layout / UI storyboards and process flow charts.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Strong understanding of game design principles and a general interest in game design.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse team, to give insightful feedback, to be able to write design specifications to high standard and able to verbally articulate ideas with passion, clarity and confidence.
- Driven, organized and reliable. A positive attitude, steady under pressure, adapts to constructive feedback. Works in a thorough, timely and considerate manner.
- A love of games & design, a broad knowledge of gameplay styles and an expansive yet insightful understanding of game mechanics
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more
Design and Development