Software Developer – Big Data Analytics
Jagex Ltd, one of the World’s largest and most successful independent online games studios, is looking for a highly driven, passionate and receptive Software Developer – Big Data Analytics to join our growing business intelligence team.
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for evolving our Big Data and applied Data Science capabilities by building advanced analytic tools, data pipelines and products as part of a high performance agile development team.
Key Duties Include:
- Apply latest Big Data technologies to process huge amounts of data
- Extend our data & analytics platform to provide additional tools and capabilities
- Work alongside Data Scientists to implement advanced analytics
- Work as part of a high performance Agile cross functional team in all aspects of software design, implementation and testing
- Contribute to our culture of innovation & continuous improvement
- Strong Java or Python skill set with previous experience in a professional enviroment
- Able to choose the right tool/language to solve a specific issue
- Able to design/implement algorithms in a procedural or functional language, or appropriate software package
- Solid working knowledge of Unix and scripting language to tie software components into production pipelines
- Practical experience with databases and SQL
- Detail-oriented, curious, analytical mind – seeks to understand in detail, and appreciate subtle but important differences
- “Can do” attitude – strives to find an answer using available resources
- Committed to continuous learning to keep on top of quickly evolving technologies
- Strong team player yet able to work independently, truly enthusiastic about Agile
- Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, Pig, HBase, Sqoop)
- Bash, Git, PostgreSQL, Vertica, Maven, JUnit, Spring, Web Services, R
- Interest in Data Science topics such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Predictive Analytics.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more