Junior/Graduate Software Developer
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for outstanding Junior/Graduate Software Developers to join our Technologies department.
You will be working on high profile, challenging projects, using a mixture of frameworks and technologies to develop highly scalable web-based solutions.
This is an entry-level position and would suit a bright, ambitious go-getter with a positive and can-do attitude.
Key Duties Include:
- Be involved in designing and developing robust, high-traffic web systems to meet the needs of the business and players alike - often in challenging timescales and always as part of a highly motivated team.
- Maintaining and improving existing websites and databases as the business evolves.
- Join sessions about and provide feedback for the introduction of beneficial new technologies.
- Work with other developers in order to expand and enhance your skills and capabilities.
- Good communication skills
- Proven experience using Java.
- Ability to learn and take responsibility for all stages of the software development life-cycle, covering investigation, requirements capture, analysis and design, construction, implementation, test and maintenance.
- Experience of working on your own initiative, designing and programming complete web or application-based solutions.
- Proficient skills using databases, e.g., PostgresSQL and of using UNIX/Linux.
- Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Estimating and planning of tasks.
- Experience working with high-traffic systems where efficiency and scalability is important.
- Good understanding of web security and experience in eliminating the potential of exploits.
depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care, gym membership and many more