Macro and client features not permitted
A macro or client feature is deemed non-permissable if it does not appear within our Approved Client list and it:
- Attempts to communicate directly with our game worlds.
- Generates input to our game applets. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.
- Modifies or replaces versions of our game applets. Reverse-engineering our game applets is strictly prohibited. Using a modified version of our game applets is not permitted for any reason. Third-party software that displays pages/content from our website(s), and that has specific features (i.e. toolkits) must not be used to access our website unless that software conforms with all of the other rules, and the following additional rules:
- Makes repeated page/content requests from our website or otherwise make excessively bandwidth-intensive requests from our servers (each page/content request should only be in direct response to a user request each time).
- Hides or encourages the hiding of any of the adverts on our website. To avoid encouraging users to hide the advert above the game, the pane displaying pages from our website must default to at least 630 pixels high (if viewed on a screen with a resolution higher than 800x600), and it must not be possible to resize it to less height than that, i.e. the page must be displayed in such a way that both the game and advert are fully visible at the same time.
- Attempts to make it easier to enter a busy game world than it would be for users not using the software. It must not contain any features to make it easier to enter or monitor busy worlds.
- Has its own integrated chat feature, separate from the game chat, it should make it very clear to users that this chat is not part of our games and is not official, endorsed, or moderated by Jagex Limited ("Jagex") in any way. Furthermore, this chat should still be moderated (just not by us), and the moderators should not allow chat which infringes our rules of conduct set out in these Game Rules. To avoid confusion with the official game chat, moderators of the external chat should not be indicated with a silver or gold crown. If the chat is internet relay chat ("IRC") based, then the software should only allow access to IRC channels which conform with the above rules.
- Uses any of the unacceptable features specifically banned in our Message About Unofficial Clients which can be found here.