Date: 2nd September 2021
Young Person's End User Licence Agreement
Note, this is a young person's summary of (and not a replacement for) the original End User Licence Agreement, which can be found here.
- Introduction to these terms
- Who are we?
- Right to use our Game Software
- Our rules
- Your rights
- Our rights
1. Introduction to these Terms
This document sets out the rules under which we allow you to use the software contained in our games. It relates to every game (and game update) we publish, whether now or in the future, including RuneScape and Old School RuneScape.
Please read these terms carefully. By clicking on the "Yes" or "Install" button, or by downloading a game, we will assume you agree to these terms. If you do not agree, please click the "No" or "Exit" button and stop playing the game.
2. Who are we?
We are a videogames company called Jagex. Our address is 220 Cambridge Science Part, Cambridge, England, CB4 0WA.
3. Right to use our Game software
Under this document, we give you the right to use the software in our games. This right is personal to you and cannot be shared with anyone else. We remain the owners of the software. We give you permission to use our software, provided you continue to abide by our rules.
4. Our rules
- You must be aged 13 or over to use our software and games.
- If you are aged between 13 and 18 then you must ensure that your parent or legal guardian has read over these terms and agreed to them on your behalf.
- Don't copy or alter any of our software or share it with anyone else.
- Don't try and combine our software with anyone else's software or games.
- Don't make any mods or other creations based on our software.
- Don't try and get round any of the security or technical measures which protect our software.
- Don't remove any of the © notices from our software which tell everyone we own it.
- Don't encourage or help anyone else to break these rules.
5. Your rights
- To use our software and play our games, you may be asked to register and open an account with us. You must make sure that you have your parent or guardian's approval to set up an account.
- Please be aware that you may incur network and broadband charges, each time you download or access our software or content relating to our software. Your parent or guardian should check their contract with the relevant internet provider.
- Our software may use or include software owned or licensed by other people. A list of this third party software and the legal rules that apply to it can be seen here.
- Where you use our software and games on platforms e.g on a mobile phone or tablet or with other third party services, you will generally be required to agree to the rules of such third party platform(s) and service providers. Make sure you read their rules before agreeing to them.
- To use certain features of our software, you may need to set up a subscription and make a payment to use these features. Before setting up a subscription or making a payment, you must have your parent or guardian's permission. Please see our terms and conditions for more information.
6. Our rights
- We and/or our licensors own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in our software and games including all rights in computer code, characters, stories, music, animation, artwork, music, sounds and any other content relating to the software and games.
- We grant you a the right to use our software. You do not own the software and do not own any of the intellectual property rights in the software.
- We may stop your use of our software and games (and close your account) if you break any of our rules or we think you might break these rules.